Matador Cantina is looking for a customer-focused Host/Hostess to join our team! You will be welcoming guests, seating them in the restaurant, and helping ensure they enjoy an exceptional dining experience.
You are a natural people person who can quickly build rapport with guests and create a welcoming atmosphere. Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities, you rely on your excellent organization and communication skills to bring your best each day for yourself, restaurant staff, and guests.
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
- Provide guests with menus
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seating
- Inform guests of current promotions and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Manage the flow of guests into the dining and bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
- May operate POS system for takeout orders, to accept payments for food and beverages
- Previous restaurant hosting or serving experience preferred
- Friendly and customer-focused personality
- Ability to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Ability to clearly communicate guests’ needs to Servers, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Fullerton, Matador Cantina brings a fusion of traditional and contemporary Mexican-inspired cuisine. Come dine with us on our patio and stay for a house special cocktail. With space for a party, book yours with us.
Learn more at www.matador.com.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)